Celina, Texas, has been named the fastest-growing city in the DFW Metroplex for the past three years, and there are plenty of good reasons for the growth. Celina is a great place to live and work with a busy, picturesque downtown, lots of wide open spaces, friendly people, and a fantastic quality of life.
With an attractive combination of small-town neighborliness and up-to-the-minute urban life, Celina is conveniently located between Preston Road and the Dallas North Tollway, just north of Prosper. It’s great location means it’s easy to get where you need to go within minutes. And for those who enjoy the big city, it’s just 10 miles north of Frisco’s $5 Billion Mile (home of The Star and Frisco Station), Legacy Business Park, and Legacy West.
The city’s population in 2021 was 22,793 and it is projected to grow to 51,000 by 2026. With this growth, businesses are coming to town to provide new products and services for residents. Celina’s Economic Development Corporation is very business-friendly, offering incentives to companies that want to locate in Celina, so it’s no wonder business is booming.
New Celina Businesses Make for Convenient Shopping
In Celina, TX, new development in the area means new places to shop and eat. Residents of Lilyana by Hillwood in Celina, Texas, have easy access to shopping, dining, and leisure activities both in town and in nearby Prosper, with many located on Preston Road, Coit Road, or Panther Creek Parkway. Now, there are even more places to shop and eat. Here are highlights of a few recently-opened businesses now serving Celina:
Honeysuckle Rose Boutique
322 W. Walnut St.,
Opened May 2022
Just like Celina, Honeysuckle Rose Boutique’s clothing and footwear collection is a little bit country, a little bit city, and a lot of fun. They call their style “Classic Western Style” or “Western Romance.” There’s even great western wear for the guys. Honeysuckle Rose Boutique is open Monday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thrown Axe Company
412 N. Oklahoma Dr., #108
Opened in March 2022
Axe-throwing is a real, honest-to-goodness sport with leagues, tournaments, and enthusiasts. Thrown Axe Company opened its doors in Celina in March 2022 for individual practice, special events, group events, and even offsites with its mobile trailer. Stop by for a beer and throw a few axes. Open Wednesday through Thursday 4-10 p.m., Friday 3-11 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday 12-8 p.m.
Shades of Green Nursery
1213 E. Sunset Blvd.
Opened in June 2022
Unique, knowledgeable, and native is how Shades of Green describes itself. This nursery carries a broad range of shrubs, annuals, perennials, and trees. Come with your garden in mind and your questions in hand. Shades of Green is open Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and is closed on Sundays.
1255 S. Preston Rd.
Opened July 2022
When you need your morning cup of Joe, Starbucks is always there with just the right hot or cold beverage. Founded in Seattle in 1971, selling fresh-roasted coffee beans, tea, and spices, and becoming a proper coffee shop in 1987, the ubiquitous caffeine stop is now closer to home. Open 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
New Commercial Development – Celina, Tx
In addition to these businesses that are now open in Celina, there is much more on the way. Here is information on new healthcare, infrastructure, and commercial development happening in Celina, Tx.
- Collin County Outer Loop – This 55-mile controlled-access freeway will eventually serve Celina, Weston, Anna, Farmersville, Josephine, and Royse City. The Collin County website has the latest details on construction status.
- Methodist Health System facility – This large new hospital in Celina, Tx is now under construction at the Dallas North Tollway and FM 428. The planned five-story, 200,000-square-foot project will bring around 220 jobs to Celina. The expected opening date is early 2025.
- Costco – Costco is locating its new 160,000-square-foot store at Preston Road and Ownsby Parkway on a 43-acre site which will be part of a 105-acre retail development. The store will generate 1,000 to 1,400 jobs and $200-300 million in retail sales each year. Costco plans to open the store in 2023.
- Celina Regional Medical Center – This 85,000-square-foot, $120 million hospital will be built on 13 acres at the northeast corner of the Dallas North Tollway and Punk Carter Pkwy. The facility will employ 180 people.
- Target – A new 140,000-square-foot Target store will be coming soon to at Hwy. 380 and Preston Rd. This large store will serve Prosper, Celina, and surrounding cities, and is expected to open in 2023.
- The Silos – The old historic grain silo at 300 N. Oklahoma Dr. will be the site of one of the most unique new restaurants in Celina, Tx. Taking its name from the building, The Silos will include a restaurant, an upscale whiskey and wine bar, a cigar lounge, and a large patio. The menu will feature burgers, tacos, brick oven pizzas, and charcuterie. Of note, The Silos also plans to offer classes on making beer, wine, and spirits. The opening date is not published yet, but the restaurant expects to employ about 30 people.
Own Your Own Piece of Celina, Tx at Lilyana by Hillwood
Lilyana by Hillwood offers an unparalleled lifestyle in Celina with beautiful new homes surrounded by large open spaces. Our community has a wealth of amenities for homebuyers including miles of trails, multiple parks, a beautiful swimming pool, an outdoor kitchen, a catch-and-release fishing pond, sports courts, and more. Residents have excellent dining, entertainment, and shopping options nearby. Plus, Lilyana is in the highly respected Prosper ISD and will have an elementary school located within the community in fall 2023. Start your new homebuying experience online today, visit our builders models, or contact us to learn more about the Lilyana community.