As people move from large cities to the suburbs, Prosper has become a popular place to live. As of the 2020 census, Prosper’s population has more than doubled since 2010, making it one of the fastest-growing cities in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Of course, those who move away from the city don’t miss out on fun and recreation. Folks who live in or near Prosper have plenty of things to do in and around the area and are close enough to Frisco to give residents access to the “big city” life too!
5 Things to Do in Prosper, TX
If you’re searching for some fun in and around Prosper, try these ideas:
1. Enjoy Outdoor Recreation
One great thing to do with the family is visit one of the town’s many local parks. The town has many trails and bike paths through natural settings, so it’s easy to get out in nature.
Prosper’s most well-known park is Frontier Park, which gives people access to various sports fields, walking trails, biking trails, a community playground, a splash pad, and a catch-and-release pond. Other public parks in town include:
- Cedar Grove Park
- Boyer Park
- Hays Park
- Tucker Park
These areas are great for taking the kids out to a playground, walking pets, or simply getting out to enjoy the outdoors.
If you love the links, try out nearby Westridge Golf Course which is open to the public. It offers an 18-hole championship course, memberships, lessons, golf outings, a driving range, and a restaurant. It is perfect for anyone itching to tee off for an afternoon.
2. Visit Area Wineries
Oenophiles (a.k.a. wine lovers) will want to visit the Prosper area’s local wineries. There you can taste hand-made wines, see the winemaking process, and relax with beautiful views and live entertainment (depending on the night).
Two of the best wineries near Prosper are Caudalie Crest Winery and Eden Hill Winery & Vineyard. Caudalie Crest is a boutique-style winery offering a diverse selection of wines, light snacks, live music evenings, and High Tea on the farm. It’s a predominantly outdoor facility with a classic country feel—complete with goats!
Eden Hill Vineyard features tours, events, music, and excellent Texas wines. Plan ahead to visit the Estate Tasting Room (reservations required) or just drop by to enjoy the food and wine at Cellar Bar and Patios.
3. Go Shopping
Of course, Prosper also has many of the usual retail staples, but the locally owned shops are definitely worth checking out. Downtown Prosper features many great stores, such as:
- Lily Claire, featuring clothing, gifts, styling services, and shopping parties.
- Dawson & Claire, which offers modern home products, apparel, accessories, and gifts.
- Famous in Oregon, which not only sells plants, but teaches customers how to care for them.
- Black Willow Boutique, which features trendy women’s apparel, accessories, footwear, and gifts.
You might also try the local shopping centers when you feel the need for some retail therapy. The Gates of Prosper and Shops at Prosper Trail are both popular attractions with a wide range of options.
4. Try Organized Sports & Camps
Adults and kids in and around Prosper have many choices when it comes to recreational sports and other activities. There are various organized sports leagues in Prosper, including:
- The Prosper Youth Sports Association (PYSA), which offers a wide range of sports for kids of all ages.
- Prosper Adult Sports (PAS), which hosts competitive adult leagues and donates back to youth sports organizations.
- Spikes Baseball Club, which offers enrollment in baseball teams for youth.
The Town of Prosper also offers fun sports programs for adults and summer activities for kids, which include magic camps, flag football, tennis, dodgeball, and more.
5. Taste the Local Cuisine
Check out the food and libations in these locally owned restaurants:
- The Nook CKMC: A cocktail kitchen and market cafe in Celina that features comfort foods, breakfast bites, and brunch.
- Toasted Walnut Table and Market: A southern bistro in Celina with the goal of creating “food that restores, replenishes and revives.”
- The Gin: A bar and restaurant offering great food, drinks, and live music.
- The Brass Tap Prosper: A pub with over 150 craft beers, food, and live entertainment.
- KillA Pie: Prosper’s Detroit style pizzeria which offers great, scratch-made food and an upbeat attitude.
- Cotton Gin Café: A cozy place downtown offering delicious home-style meals.
Fun Events in Prosper, TX
There are also many fun events for Prosper residents to enjoy including:
- Prosper Fishing Derby (February)
- Prosper Annual Spring Cleanup (March)
- Mayor’s Coffee and Mayor’s Luncheon (Spring)
- Pride in the Sky Independence Day Celebration (July)
- Champion Tree Contest (Fall)
- Celebrate Prosper (October)
- National Night Out Block Party (October)
- Prosper Arbor Day Celebration (November)
- Prosper Christmas Festival (December)
These events provide amazing opportunities to gather as a community, create connections, and deepen relationships. More details can be found on the Town of Prosper’s website.
Bring Your Family to Prosper and Celina
Homeowners in North Texas love living in Prosper/Celina and enjoying all the area has to offer. Lilyana by Hillwood, a new home community in Celina, Texas, is right in the middle of it all, offering beautiful homes from top builders, excellent schools in the Prosper ISD, and an array of quality amenities on-site. Just 10 miles north of Frisco, Lilyana offers the charm of a small community within easy reach of the city. To learn more about our community, take a virtual tour, contact one of our builders, or get in touch with us today!